- We worked on playing low/high status characters.
- What does it mean to be high status? What about low status?
- The juxtaposition between the high and low status characters is a classic comedic trope.
- Exercise: walking around the room and such
- We used this exercise to practice playing low and high status characters. Remember to listen and respond!
- Remember, it’s never too late to give up your idea. If you find that you and your scene partner are fighting over the high status role, try finding a way to be the low status character in that scene.
Premise Based Improv
- We practiced using monologues to inform improv scenes
- When initiating a scene, don’t be afraid to come right out and drop your premise at the beginning of the scene.
- We practiced giving monologues and then running with the first unusual thing.
Please log in to join the chat