5-day Mini Camp
Monday, March 11th – Friday, March 15th
9:30am – 3:30pm
Final Performance: 3/15 at 3:00pm
The most fun Spring Break you could have in DFW!
ComedyKids Mini Camp allows students ages 6-10 to unleash their sense of play to explore the world of comedy! Each day will start with an improv lesson and jam led by two of DCC’s Young Performers faculty members. Students will learn basic principles of Improvisation and Sketch comedy to prepare for their final showcase for friends and family! Lessons for this age group focus heavily on listening skills and creating movement inspired by their environment.
EXAMPLE DAILY SCHEDULE:
- 9:00 – 9:30am Arrival at Dallas Comedy Club
- 9:30 – 11:00am Morning Improv Lesson and Jam
- 11:00am – 12:00pm Lunch Break and Crafts
- 12:00 – 1:30pm Sketch Writing Session
- 1:30 – 2:00pm Afternoon Snack and Break
- 2:00 – 3:30pm Improv Games and Rehearsal for Final Show
Friday, March 15th – 3:00-4:oopm
Students will show off their skills in their final Showcase Performance on one of Dallas Comedy Club’s stages! Parents and loved ones are welcome to attend the class performance in the second hour of the last class. There will be plenty of great photo ops so be sure to bring your camera.