Punch up or sideways, never punch down!
During this class term
- You can go to any show for free with you student ID (as long as the show isn’t sold out)
- You need to attend 1 show and 1 jam
o Jams are Wednesday night at 9 and Sunday at 4
o Once a month there is a short-form jam (keep an eye on social media)
- What are you doing (example on youtube)
o One person does a thing, the other person asks “what are you doing?” you respond with
something other than what your action is. The asker then adopts that suggestion and
does that action.
o Two people seated doing an interview. One person stands behind interviewee and acts
out what they are saying.
- Slide Show
o Two people sitting discussing a “slide show” two others (out of sight of seated pair) get
into a position. Presenters have to make sense of what the actors are doing and relate it
to their presentation
- Playground diss
o Two teams. Middle people go out of the room and other decide 2 adjectives and a noun
to use as a “playground diss.” The two come back in and have to guess words based on
their team acting it out.
- Living Scenery (Who’s line example)
o Two people are doing a scene and use two others as props.
▪ Props had to adjust quickly
▪ Actors had to announce what their props were (this is helpful even without
people as props)
- Slowmo Olympics (Who’s line example)
o Two people seated being commentators, two people acting out a “sport” in slow
▪ The slower the better
▪ Super fun to give the “athletes” a personality
▪ Gifts from players and commentators
▪ Trust each other
- Touch to talk
o Three people do a scene but you can only speak if you are touching someone.
▪ Forces you to pay attention to your physicality
▪ Really funny when people intentionally stop touching someone when they are in
the middle of saying something.
One good thing
- Fun! (yay)
- Helpful for long form scenes
- Very good practice overall
- Teaches you to think on your feet
- Physicality gets you out of your head
- Fun change of pace
- We felt very comfortable very quickly
- New group dynamics (yay!)
- Fun finding people’s style
- Out of comfort zone
- Challenging but fun
- Thanks for showing up!
Please log in to join the chat